EASTERN PANHANDLE CONSERVATION DISTRICT SLEEPY CREEK 319 PROGRAM
SEPTIC REPAIR APPLICATION
Landowner Name:_______________________________________ Phone Number: ____________________________ Mailing Address: __________________________________________________________________________________ Physical Address (if different):_______________________________________________________________________ Email Address: ____________________________________________________________________________________
In order to be eligible to receive assistance for septic repair under the Sleepy Creek 319 program, septic systems must be located within the Sleepy Creek watershed and deemed to be failing through an onsite sewage disposal system inspection by the Morgan County Health Department.
- Before completing this application:
- Contact Suzy Lucas at the Eastern Panhandle Conservation District at (304) 263-4376 ext. 3 to verify thatyou are located in the Sleepy Creek watershed.
- Contact the Morgan County Health Department at 304-258-1513 to schedule an onsite inspection with thesanitarian. This inspection MUST occur before applications can be considered for approval.
- Once your onsite inspection has been performed, please retain a copy of the “Onsite Sewage Disposal InspectionForm” from the sanitarian. Please provide a copy of this form to any contractors you request estimates from and
attach a copy to this application form.
- Once the Morgan County Health Department has verified that your system is failing, you must attempt to receive3 written estimates for cost of repair. The landowner must request written estimates from 3 contractors and
document their requests using this form.
- Contact your three chosen contractors and provide them with a copy of your “Onsite Sewage DisposalInspection Form” that you received from the health department. Contractors must provide estimate within 10 days of the landowner’s request for an estimate. If a contractor should fail to respond to landowners request within 10 days, they shall become ineligible to enter into a contract with The Eastern Panhandle Conservation District (EPCD) to perform repairs necessary on said landowner’s septic system.
- If you have already received your first estimate before beginning the application process for this program, the landowner must request that that contractor re-submit a dated estimate within the 10 day deadline noted above, in order for estimate to be accepted. Landowners must indicate the date they requested estimates from contractors and the date that they received estimates.
- Once this application is received it will go through an approval process. Upon approval, the EPCD can then enter into a contract with the landowner and the contractor with the lowest submitted estimate. You will be contacted regarding the status of your application by EPCD program personnel.
Homeowners are responsible for the first $500 of repair cost that may include Health Department fees, permits, and cost of obtaining 3 estimates for repair. After that, the EPCD will pay the contractor up to an additional $7,300 of repair costs. Homeowners are then responsible for any additional costs beyond the $7,300. The landowner will be provided information concerning a low interest on-site systems loan program. If the three (3) written estimates exceed the projected project cost estimate established by the program personnel, the landowner shall be required to seek three (3) new written estimates.
I the landowner understand and agree to these requirements. _________________________________Landowner Signature
Please call the Eastern Panhandle Conservation District with any questions at (304) 263-4376 ext. 3
Estimates for Septic Project
Estimate # 1
Contractor Phone Number:
Date landowner contacted this contractor & requested estimate:
Did contractor submit estimate? (Yes or No)
Date estimate received:
Total estimate amount:
If estimate was received, a copy of estimate MUST be attached